Analyse your data
On this page you can access guidance on how to best conduct an analysis of your data collected in your MDC project. This guidance includes information on the use of online analysis tools, such as the analysis section on the Kobo platform, but also tools for offline analysis such as the offline Kobo analyser and other forms of analysis in Excel.
NB: Don't hesitate to also check out the "Train your teams" page, where the Survey Manager presentations cover a lot of material! Also, the "Data Protection Starter Kit" page provides you with useful information such as how to permanently delete data from your device or how to archive and back-up your data.
- Analyse your data with Kobo online
- Analyse your mapped out data with uMap
- Discover here how to work with an API (KOBO's API or your own) to link data collected with KoBo to your other servers or services (REST Service) : https://support.kobotoolbox.org/en/articles/592398-api-and-rest-services
- Analyse your data with the Kobo offline analyser
- Best practices for analysing your data in excel
- Adding pictures from a KOBO Survey into the exported Excel database or into a Word file
advanced profiles who are ready to use R, check out this project of UNHCR's!
Data visualisation toolkit
In this section you can access a toolkit to guide you into improving your data visualisation practices. It will give you an overview of the key concepts to keep in mind when designing your data visualization products, help you choose the best options based on the aim of your analysis and also give you an Excel template to help you produce the graphs in question.
Advanced online dashboard with Power BI