Data Protection Starter Kit
Note that the data protection starter kit has not been updated since 2017.
this section you will find the Data Protection Starter Kit, produced by Terre
des hommes and CartONG for Tdh country operations. It aims to provide a first
level of support on the question of data protection for field staff who are
involved in collecting or working with data that has been obtained directly
from people or communities that Tdh is supporting with its programmes.
The Introduction pack is comprised of an overview document on the main issues concerning data protection as well as a basic self-assessment tool to increase awareness on data protection, identify possible threats, and to define actions to mitigate the risks.
Tdh Data protection auto-evaluation tool:
- 1.02.a Data Protection Auto-Evaluation Tool (XLSform format for use with Kobo, Aggregate, SurveyCTO, ONA etc...)- see demo here and user guide below)
- 1.02.b Understanding "Risks", "Harms" and "Threats"
- 1.02.c Data Protection Auto-Evaluation tool User Guide
The tutorials pack is composed of tutorials that
can help the users to secure the ways they work with data.
- 2.01. How to choose, store and organise your passwords
- 2.02. How to share your passwords within your organisation
- 2.03. How to encrypt files and folders that contain sensitive data
- 2.04. How to share your files that contain sensitive data through email or cloud
- 2.05. How to create databases that contain sensitive data
- 2.06. How to pseudonimise or aggregate the data prior to sharing
- 2.07. How to protect your mobile device - Level 1 (basic principles)
- 2.08. How to protect your mobile device - Level 2 (very sensitive contexts)
- 2.09. How to do your mobile device's maintenance
- 2.10. How to permanently delete data from your device
- 2.11. How to archive and back-up your data
- 2.12. Setting up encryption in your Kobo or SurveyCTO mobile data collection tool